pitbulls...

I was wondering if you think that it is that pitbulls are just a naturally dangerous breed ...or is it really the owners who make them that way... and if that is true, why is it mainly pitbulls who are though to be this way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pit bulls were bred to be mean and vicious and so people use them and exploit their strength. These dogs used to be known as great family dogs and to be great with children.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:35 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Pits scare the hell out of me. I will NEVER own one. I have heard that it depends how they are raised...but I still think they are too unstable. I wouldn't be able to trust one around my kids. I'd be scared all the time, and if something happened I would never be able to forgive myself. Not just pits, either, but dobermans and other large breed scary doggies. No thanks.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:36 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I agree with both PPs.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:38 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I would never own one... I think it has something to say when you have to have liability insurance on them and even alot of airlines have restrictions about letting these dogs travel....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:39 AM on May. 8, 2010

• My DH has had a pitbull since his senior year. He is a silly and energetic dog. I do believe that if a dog is raised right, just like kids, they will turn out just like you want them too. Pitbulls are a strong breed and there are nasty people out there that take advantage of that and have given them a bad rap.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:43 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Uh, those little chiwawa dogs are mean and attack people too !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I breed pit bulls and have two that are the family pets. It is how they are raised. My dogs are no more likely to harm any one than any other dog. The reason they get a bad reputation is because they are used in dog fights the reason people use pit bulls is because they have locking jaws (which no other breed has) once there jaws lock its hard for them to control when to let go. I have never once in the ten yearsi have been breeding had any of my dogs hurt a person or another dog thats because they are raised the right way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 8, 2010

• ..yeah but I really doubt a chihuahua has killed anyone .... there are thousands of cases where a pitbull has killed people and animals....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:46 AM on May. 8, 2010

• My brother had pit bulls for pets for years. He was excellent with them They were wonderful dogs and he trained them well. I asked my brother would he train my pug and he said do you have a million bucks? It is hard work to train a dog and most of us don't have the patients to do it. The owner has to be smarter than the dog.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:48 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I'd never have one based on their jaws.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:20 AM on May. 8, 2010