Question for liberals: What is your ideal for America? What do you envision America to be if your agenda is successful?

After we take away the flag from public places, humble ourselves to the Muslims who hate us, open our borders to any foreigner who wants to live here, cripple our military, abandon our veterans, spend ourselves into bankruptcy, take away a man's motivation to work by punishing him if he's rich and rewarding him if he's poor.... etc.

What will we have left? What will we have to offer the world's poor and hungry? How can we be anything but dirt on the bottom of someone's shoe?

This is an honest question, what vision do you have for America? Or do you believe doing this will bring world peace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Most "libs" I know, myself included have very simialr views to Night, but IMO, it has become to difficult to make yourself heard over the extremist racket from both sides. Many of us that label ourselves as liberal or conservative are much closer on what we want then appears. The why's and how's to achieve these goals becomes the issue.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:29 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Anon, there are people who have said we should "open our borders to any foreigner who wants to live here," just look at all the posts in the last week. Many people believe this.

We are spending ourselves into bankruptcy, look what is happening in Greece and see the parallels.

"take away a man's motivation to work by punishing him if he's rich and rewarding him if he's poor" When almost half of the US citizens don't pay federal taxes, we are rewarding the poor and by taking from the rich. At a certain point, is does de-motivate people.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:30 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Gay marriage would be legalized. Honestly, I don't agree with it but, I don't care as long as it isn't promoted/discussed in public schools

Feds would actually be handling immigration like they should. Becoming a legal citizen would be easier.Um why? We have a hard enough time with the citizens we already have. No thanks. I think illegals should be imprisoned or immediately deported just like the rest of the coutries beleive. Or send them to Canada.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I am an agnostic liberal so here is my answer..

I would not want the flag removed, while I don't believe in God, I do believe in what it stands for, God is only one word in the pledge. I know no one who says to humble ourselves to Muslims, however they should be treated with decency, not all Muslims are "bad", we fail to forget Timothy McVeigh and what happened in Oklahoma, that threat still exists.

"cripple our military, abandon our veterans" very few ignorant people feel this way.

Money needs to be spent in order to get things done...that's reality for everyone including our government.

If a mans motivation is taken away because he pays a little more in taxes then he has no motivation to begin with, that is down right stupid.

World peace will never exists, we can't have it in this country why would we be able to control it through out the world?

Continued
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Sorry the baby woke up I'll have to come back.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:49 AM on May. 8, 2010

• You should ask the progressives, they have taken the democrat party away from the liberals.

Most of them on CM just don't realise it yet.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:34 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Gay marriage would be legalized.
    Feds would actually be handling immigration like they should.
    Becoming a legal citizen would be easier.
    We would withdraw as much as possible from Iraq.
    I would make sure the 1 year break between deployments for soldiers is actually used.
    Healthcare would be universal.
    Fix our education system (way too much under that to explain it all).
    Increase taxes for those who make more than say $300,000 a year.
    Try and do something about the fact that CEOs make like 1000X more than entrance employees for their company.
    Try and enact harsher punishment for sexual offenders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Open you ears and listen to people with opposing points of view. No one wants what you're describing. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean what they want is extreme and ridiculous.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2010

• OH, and OP...nice sweeping generalizations there. Bee-you-tee-ful. I am a pacifist, but I know that world peace as hippies envisioned it will never be attainable. I'm sick of everyone saying liberals are pushover idiots. Jesus Christ, grow a pair.

LOL...AMEN sister!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 8, 2010

• If you really believe all that garbage then I suggest you move to Canada
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 8, 2010