What do you think about

Cougar moms?

Do you think it is cool?

Do you know any moms who live this way?

Personally, I think it's kinda nasty. Forty year old women running

around like they are still sixteen, wearing clothes that are too small,

short, tight, or revealing....and then dating someone their daughter's

age? Are you kidding me?

I have tried to understand WHY women do this. And I cannot

comprehend it for the life of me.

I want to know what your opinions are on cougar moms.

I would be embarrassed as hell if it were my mom doing this crap.

I'm like, she isn't my friend or my sister, we're not buddies. She is my

MOM and I want her to act like it. And have some respect for herself

along the way.

We all like to feel young, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But I think cougar moms are taking it way too far.<

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 12:33 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was a cougar. It simply means that they are older than the guy they are with. As far as the clothing, I pretty much dress my age.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:36 AM on May. 8, 2010

• LOL! I never heard of this! I guess what I think is that there's something they're not dealing with and they have to live out some fantasy and not accept reality. I think a woman can age very gracefully and beautiful without trying to force herself into a younger age forever!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:36 AM on May. 8, 2010

• ive never heard of a cougar mom lol. i had someone ask me what it meant and i had no idea but i guess now i know haha. well i'd certainly feel like my mom was OVERDUEING it a little lol. i proly wouldnt want to hang out with her. as for someone else's 40 year old mother...i would think she'd be cool for a while then i'd prolly get tired of hanging around someone like that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I would do it if I could. They do it because the men that are their age are interested in sex never! Right when women reach their prime sexually a man has forgotten how to use his penis and his romance button is stuck in the off position.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:45 AM on May. 8, 2010

• After my husband had left me for another woman I went into a deep depression. I met a man 15 years younger than me. At first it was rather flattering. The novelty wore off fast though. Especially when I realized he had more in common with my 8 year old son than he did with me. Funny story though. We were listening to Van Halen's "Jump" I told him I used to have that song on a 45. He asked what kind of gun it was.

CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 12:46 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I didn't know what the hell it was either until I picked up a seventeen magazine and read an article about this. Most of the girls whose moms are cougar moms, hate it. They are embarrassed and wish their moms would stop the crap.

There is certainly nothing wrong with an older woman dating a younger man. But that is not the definition of a cougar mom. A cougar mom is someone who is older who goes out partying and acting like she's still in college.

And in no way do I think it is cool for someone to date a person that is the same age as their child. Gross.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:48 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Well here's a news flash....18-20yo young men are at their sexual peak. 18-20 girls are not BUT 40-45yo women ARE. So, it actually makes sense. Who cares? It's fine if a 50yo man dates a 25yo woman but let a 45yo woman date a 20yo. I am NOT a cougar, my husband of 25 years is 11 mos. older than me but I think more power to them! My sister was 32 when she met her husband of 10 years...he was 22 and her oldest child was 13. And, a lot of 18-20 guys would LOVE to hook up with a 40+ MILF. It's a large part of their soggy dreams. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Nope...my son is almost 25. The thought of dating someone my sons age(or the age there abouts) just doesnt appeal to me.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 3:45 AM on May. 8, 2010

• i think this is not the life for me :)
    but why so focused on the woman? doesn't the young man who pursues her have anything to do with these relationships?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:16 AM on May. 8, 2010

• If anything happend to my husband....I'd definantly be a couger.....Sounds like fun.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:09 AM on May. 9, 2010