Have any of you BEEN a surrogate.

I am looking to find some other moms who have gone through the process. I have questions regarding agency/non agency & personal experiences.

(Only wanna hear from SURROGATES)

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 12:40 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was a surrogate 4 years ago & I deeply regret it now. I did it because I had just had my 2nd child and knew I was done having kids but loved being pregnant & because I wanted to help. I didn't do any research and ended up signing a contract with the 1st couple I met. I didn't know the business part of it so I charged very little ( I wasn't looking to get rich). Big mistake. I did get pregnant with this couple but learned when I was 11 weeks that the baby lost it's heartbeat when I was 9 weeks. The couple was at the appointment with me, so they knew but they had stopped paying my insurance and when it was time for the DnC, I was on my own financially. I didn't let that deter me, I just found another couple but they pulled out b/c of $$ issues too. Then I went to an agency but couple #2 said I was still under contract with them and that was a mess. Now I have this bad name in surrogacy. Don't be in a rush & RESEARCH!!
    Anonymous

• I am going through a big name agency in Chicago.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 7:01 PM on May. 8, 2010