If you ever drink coffee from HOME, not all fancied up, but maybe with cream and sugar...

what kind do you drink?
Anything American? Or is it foreign?
Are you a connoisseur?
I've discovered German coffee, and my gosh, once you go there, there is no going back.
Of course its ruined if you even try to add crazy stuff to mask the flavor...
this is the ONLY coffee I can drink black!

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 12:51 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Costco coffee with cream and splenda. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:53 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Nope. I only drink Turkish Tea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Where are you getting this coffee? Now I want to try it!! I am a fan of very strong, robust coffees, but I only drink decaf. :( I do love Hawaiian Coffees and am ashamed to admit Dunkin Donuts is decent! I do buy only whole bean and my pot grinds before brewing. Do you store your beans in the freezer? I keep hearing conflicting views there....
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:08 AM on May. 8, 2010

• haha! i get it at a local drug store owned by a German man. So you would have to hunt for it :)
    I havent frozen it before, but I think I am going to since it doesn't come with a fresh seal or anything... its in a bag
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:15 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I use Starbucks Italian Roast, and drink it black. But now that I no longer receive an employee discount, I will be switching over to Costco brand which is comparable in taste/quality. I just appreciate the fair trade standards and quality standards that Starbucks holds themselves to so I like supporting their company. Plus, I honestly think they have the best coffee. :)
    I store my beans in a bean jar from Starbucks that seals so well I hear a pop every time I take the lid off. I never freeze them, the whole bean coffee has a very long shelf life anyway as long as the bag isnt opened.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:57 AM on May. 8, 2010

• now you need to get yourself a french press and you will really be tasting the wholeness of the coffee! :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:58 AM on May. 8, 2010

• We use Folgers smooth. It's really yummy and supposed to be better on your stomach. I do have a Tassimo, but haven't used it in awhile. The disc's are too much money and I needed to make budget cuts somewhere and that was a big one.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:07 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I just discovered German coffee a few months ago, and I have to second janellemarie about the french press. You haven't had coffee until you've had it made in a press.

I usually drink one of the varieties of K-cups for my Kuerig. Sometimes I drink it black, sometimes cream and sugar, sometimes flavored creamer. Depends on what I'm drinking, what I'm in the mood for, and what's in the house.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• What kind of french press do you use? I can't seem to find any "user ratings" anywhere I look. I want something decent. How about this one?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00884303000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Small+Kitchen+Appliances&keyword=french+press&prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:12 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Espresso with a dash of cold soy milk (my second of the day is gurgling out of my machine now)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 AM on May. 8, 2010