are you putting out food tomorrow for the USPS food drive?

Tomorrow is the national annual food drive for the USPS,,,all the food goes directly to your neighborhood food bank...can you spare a can of something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes I can. I am going to the post office tomorrow too. Ok now I am gong to bed. lol
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:12 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Like the neighbors wouldn't steal it? Yeah right!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Put it in your mail box silly girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I didn't even know that. I have nothing to spare, though... I need everything in my cupboards and won't go shopping until Sunday.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:48 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Yep. I have 4 bags of food to put out. I went grocery shopping last Sunday and before I went I cleaned out my cabinets and anything I could easily replace when I went shopping went in to a bag. My best friend is a single mom who just barely makes her ends tap almost together and she's donating a few cans of food. Even if all you can spare is 1 can or 1 box of something, it's something. You can also leave for your food IN your mail box or you can even leave a note and ask your carrier to come TO your door to pick the food up.

Go to http://helpstampouthunger.com/ for more info..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Unfortunately no. Our post office offered to hang bags on the door and have bins set up at every mail box station at the complex, but our apartment managers have totally said no. Even sent out a memo saying that we shouldn't leave any food out. That it's a "risk.' Risk of what??? If we can, we may just add some stuff on to what my parents are leaving out at their mailbox.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 4:01 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Normally I do give, but we live overseas now, and we don't do the USPS food drive here. Our base does other sorts of food and charity drives though - both for the families in need on base, for the people back in the States and other parts of the world, and also for people in the local area here (in the Japanese community).

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:04 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I wish but heck, we dont even have a key to our mailbox yet lol. We just moved in and they forgot to give us our key. I will definitely try to drop a can or two of soup off at the post office.
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 5:32 AM on May. 8, 2010

• i dont have much but im putting what i can
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 6:43 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I'm going to be a little snarky here and just say this...........for all of those ladies who were so concerned about donations going to help Haiti.........now's your time to shine and help out, right here in the USA.

Make sure to leave your donations by (or in) your mailbox today.............or you can drop it off at your local Post Office!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on May. 8, 2010