How can I get my stove top clean and new looking again?

We have a shiny black stovetop which is about 6 years old. Right now I use Weiman's Glass and Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner to clean it and for the most part, this works great. However there are some spots right around the burners which are discolored and which seem to be permanently stained. It's very noticeable especially against the shiny black and is an eyesore since my kitchen is the first room you see. It makes the kitchen appear dirty when it isn't. Short of buying a new stove (which is too expensive), is there anything I can do to get my stovetop back to looking like it did when it was new?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• try magic erasers.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:13 AM on May. 8, 2010

• oven cleaner... works wonders!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on May. 8, 2010

• To figure out if it is a stain or something baked on the glass stove top - take a straight razor and scrape it. If it scrapes up - keep scraping - otherwise its a stain and an oven cleaner or magic eraser might help more.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:40 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Soft scrub with bleach! I just cleaned mine yesterday. It was practically brown and black everywhere under the burners and I'd tried everything to clean it. My mil brought over some soft scrub, I poured it on al the baked on food and let it sit for about 10 minutes and it wiped away super easy. I didn't hardly even have to scrub.
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 10:13 AM on May. 8, 2010