Do you say you don't do drugs..

if the drugs you use are legal taxable drugs? Is it being legal an excuse for you?

thisloveofmine

Asked by thisloveofmine at 1:21 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I take a blood pressure pill because I want to live.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:26 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Do you mean do you use drug or do you abuse drugs? There are many people that need to take taxable drugs to stay alive or function in society, if you're talking about cigarettes or alcohol or abusing pain medicine then it's a different story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I take pain medication so I can get out of bed and take care of my family. I don't understand the question I think. Why do I need an excuse to take my "drugs"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I take medications that are prescribed when they are prescribed. I occasionally take over the counter meds, as needed and according to the directions.

I don't abuse drugs, nor do I take illegal drugs (or, for that matter, take legal drugs in an illegal manner).

However, since to say that in conversation is unwieldy and awkward, I don't have a problem with saying I'm not a druggie.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:01 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I rarely use legal drugs over the counter or other wise. I love my herbs! I HAVE used prescription drugs while pregnant because we would both be in bad shape if I didn't! But I used that medication according to the directions given by my doctor, they were never abused or used in an illegal manner.

Now those who drink 2 bottles of Robitussin to see pink elephants should face the same penalties as paint huffers, and coke addicts! What is HILARIOUS is your question is DUMB! Plain and simple that would be like me asking...
    Do you say you don't do drugs because the whipped cream can in your fridge is legal to buy but it gives you a burst of laughing gas every time you put your mouth on it?

Seriously almost EVERYTHING can be abused to get high! Paint, markers, whipped cream cans, all OTC meds, licking batteries, you know that stuff to clean your key board?, drink enough mouth wash you can get drunk, etc. etc.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:03 AM on May. 8, 2010

• i would never use more than whats prescribed for me to use...that would be abusing drugs.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:31 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I think this is a weak attempt to get people to approve of the legalization of mj. I still say no.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:16 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I consider "doing drugs," taking something illegal, or abusing something that is legal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 8, 2010

• If this is about legalizing marijuana than your argument is very flawed. There does not need to be an excuse for my grandma to take oxycontin in order for her to walk(she has very bad nerve damage). I am all for legalizing pot but again your argument is flawed.

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:39 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't use ANY drugs, taxable or otherwise. Seriously, I don't even take OTC's for headaches. Only thing I take on a semi regular basis is caffeine. I love my coffee!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:54 AM on May. 8, 2010