Can I eat honey while I'm pregnant?

I asked at the dinner table tonight while eating at my parents if they would pass the honey. And they told me no, because I'm pregnant. Is that true? I can't eat honey??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was addicted to honey throughout my pregnancy. The only reason kids cant have it is because their digestive systems cant process the bacteria like we can. By the time it gets to your baby, its already processed and it wont hurt them.
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 5:41 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I ate it all the time with my tea. I had the organic, if that even makes a difference.nobody told me anyting, but if your worried ask you doc
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:27 AM on May. 8, 2010

• * Katie80620
    hmmm..gosh, i was just pregnant last year...and i can't really remember...i think you can...you just cannot give your child honey until after he or she turns a year old. but ask your OB to be sure.

It has changed from one year to two years.
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 5:42 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Yes you can eat honey and even when you breastfeed you can baby cannot for 1 year that I know of and it says that on the honey bottle.

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:46 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Honey was on one of my OB's "we don't know what it will do" lists. I used it to sweeten stuff during all 3 of my pregnancies and my 4 children are all just fine. Just do NOT give it to your child until they are well over a year old because they don't have the ability to fight of the natural botulism in honey.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:49 AM on May. 8, 2010

• "It has changed from one year to two years. "

Source? Everything I'm finding says "Do not give honey to infants under 1 year of age."
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:39 AM on May. 8, 2010

• My OB told me to just make sure I bought the pasturized kind not the kind with the comb still in it.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 12:10 PM on May. 8, 2010