Are babies born at 32 weeks have a lot of health issues?

Just wondering..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As a mother who just recently had her son in the NICU for 16 weeks, I can tell you that all the 32 weekers I saw had very few problems and went home within a few weeks.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:30 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I'm sure there are some issues in some cases, but I had a friend that was born at 28wks and she was on my softball team back in hs, she had no physical illness,she was the most healthiest person I ever knew
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:30 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I had my twins at 32 weeks. they are 10 now, and very healthy. They were small at birth 3.9 and 2.7 lbs, so they did have to stay in the nicu until they got bigger. One stayed for 3 weeks the other 5 weeks only because she couldn't grasp the eating and breathing at the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• No. Most of the time the child will be fine and sometimes big! I had my guy early 4 weeks and he was 6.5 lbs and 21" He just turned two and all is well! One thing that is different is that the baby that early will be born with Vermix. It is a soft white hair that covers there body. It rubs off no problem but when you 1st see the baby it looks a little like a werewolf jk but they do look hairy LOL! But still adorable just something to keep in mind.

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:43 AM on May. 8, 2010

• i had a baby born at 32 weeks. he had some breathing issues, he stayed in the nicu for 26 days. he was 5 lbs 3 oz when he was born. the suck swallow reflex is the last thing to develop, but there is always a chance of breathing issues and lung development, i think there can still be issues with the eyes at 32 weeks.
    my preemie is now 5 years old. i think he is pretty darn healthy and strong :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:04 AM on May. 8, 2010

• My son was born at 34 weeks, he spent 2 weeks in the NICU, but hasn't been sick since. He was small, 4'11, and is still on the small side of the growth charts, but he is very healthy and happy.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:06 PM on May. 8, 2010