ok. is it ok if you know your man likes to talk sex talk with other women. text, email but you know he never acts on it. it's all just talk. you know he always does this cause you used to be one he did this with. you've seen the text you've seen emails. He's always home or at work. you know it's just talk!!! but, is that ok???

shelly168

Asked by shelly168 at 3:47 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• It wouldn't be okay with me. Dh has done it.. and I pretty much tell him to stop or it's over every time. He hasn't done it since we were married.. just when we were dating. I don't think he should be intimate with anyone but me while in a relationship.. and considering we spent our first year of marriage apart.. I KNOW that emails and texts and talking on the phone about sex really is just as intimate as in the bedroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on May. 8, 2010

• No that would not be ok with me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 AM on May. 8, 2010

• No I would not be okay with it. Talk is fine but it moves to action I mean after all you two are now together. That's how it goes...

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:35 AM on May. 8, 2010

• No it's not okay. And if you even have to ask, you're an idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on May. 8, 2010

• If it used to be you, then he did act on it. What makes you think he won't act on it again?
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• NO. I don't think it is so much about trusting him not to act on it as much as it is about showing respect for you and your relationship/marriage. I am a very open minded person and I have friends that are in poly/swinger relationships but even in those types of relationships, there is a lot of respect, boundaries and communication. It sounds like you have some issues with this situation and that alone is enough of a reason for your man to stop.
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 8:11 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Maybe he just needs an ego boost. Do you still let him know he is important to you and he is still attractive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 8, 2010

• The question is, does it bother you? If it does, then it's a problem. I don't think I'd have that big of a problem with it myself as long as there wasn't lying involved. If he weren't afraid to let me know, then, for me, yeah it's just talk....like flirting, I guess.

I don't think asking makes you an idiot as an anon said, just curious. People are ridiculous.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:25 AM on May. 8, 2010

• No, it's not OK.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:43 AM on May. 8, 2010

• It would not be ok with me and I'd be wearing his balls for earrings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 8, 2010