? about making crust for quiche

I LOVE quiche! but everytime I make it the crust never really seems to be fully cooked. should I pre-bake it?

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 6:31 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• YES! I always do. Do you buy frozen or make it from scratch??

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:14 AM on May. 8, 2010

• But when I cook it I just cook it a little you don't want it to dark
    Sarahedger

• I either prebake the crust or make a crustless quiche.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I always use frozen crust that is in its own tin...works perfect or I use the store crust from the refriderated section and never have to prebake it. I always do mine at 350 for 45 minutes and never had a problem
    Anonymous

• The best way I have found to make sure that it cooks through, is to put a piece of aluminum foil inside the crust, and weight it down w/ about 1 cup of dry beans or rice (I save the beans and use them for the same thing again), this prevents it from over browning while it bakes, AND from bubbling up. No pricking needed. Sometimes pricking won't help if you have done a good job of making a nice, flaky crust. Bake it @ 400 for 8 minutes to "set" it. *** to prevent it from shrinking, refrigerate it for an hour first.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:29 PM on May. 8, 2010