Help. I'm walking on eggshells in my own home.

What was once a wonderful relationship is now a dreadful one. I'm okay with him but he always has something to argue about, everything always seem to be my fault; never his, he smokes in the house while both me and my son have asthma, he doesnt seem to care anymore and he blames it all on stress. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells in my own home, I can't seem to do anything 'right' and its beginning to bug me really lots. I'm not happy and I dont know what I should do in this situation. Maybe he really is stressed, but why treat me like he does? I'm even beginning to have thoughts of breaking up with him just so I can be happy but I'm scared because everything is under my name like all the bills, both our names are on the lease of this place and our son, he said he would take him away from me if we split up, i think its his way of 'keeping me', anyway..Is leaving really the salution? I'm scared. :( Is this abuse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I have noticied that this happens around our house. I just talk to my husband and let him know how he is being or vice versa. We try to take a day to ourselves and forget about the world around us. TALK to you hubby, let him know how he is acting and how you feel. Then try to take a day with no arguing and no stress and forget the world around you. If that doesn't work, you might consider seeing a counselor. Good luck girl!
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 10:42 AM on May. 8, 2010

• The smoking in the house may be abusive, though somewhat "passive"

My advice is
    a. i have had similar times esp at year #1 and year #1 in marriage. it passed for me with prayer and perserverance
    b. fix a really nice sitting spot outside, complete with plants (to cleanse the smoky air), chairs (not just one), table, yes, ashtray, trashcan of some sort to dump the ash tray, and make it look really cute. As an act of love, maybe he would consider using it.
    c. ask the doctor, maybe ask your spouse to go with you and take the child with asthma and ask about smoke in the house...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 7:48 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Yes. It's medical and emotional abuse. They use psychological manipulation to remain in control. He can't keep your child just because you leave. Life is too short to be miserable. You have the right to be happy and healthy. If he tries to take the child tell the Court he smokes around the child endangering the child's health.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 AM on May. 8, 2010

• it is abuse. hon, please call safe passage, its a free service that you can call 24/7 and just talk. they dont kow you or anything and they will help all they can. People think that because a man doesnt hit we should just put up and shut up...but thats crap. Love doesnt hurt-including feelings. and the threats of taking your son, he is full of it he can not just take him. google "safe passage" or if you want email me and I will send the number to you after I search for it. they wont judge or force you to do anything you dont want to.
    and they will tell you you re not bad and this isnt something you are doing. and it is abuse.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:49 AM on May. 8, 2010

• yes get out now...
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:51 AM on May. 9, 2010