How do I get rid of Gas pain while pregnant??

I'm 20weeks pregnant and I have had pain on my left side for 12hours now and I'm miserable, I've laid on my left side, tried a heat pack on that side and nothing is working??? HELP! What do I do, the pain is miserable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Gas X

It's safe. The ingredients are the same as the baby gas drops.

I have been pregnant 3 times and it always seems around 20 weeks I get the worst gas pains stuck too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I need something to help now before I get to the store, I'm in so much I can't even take care of my 2year old right now. I'm just trying to lay on the floor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Try a cup of hot tea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 8, 2010

• What does your doctor suggest?
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 9:10 AM on May. 8, 2010

• r u sure it's gas? you shouldn't be in that much pain for so long with just gas....have you pooped lately?? are you constipated? if you are having normal bowel movements, call your doctor. something doesn't sound right...
    if it's been longer than 2 days since your last poop, or if you have hard stool, try milk of magnesia-it's gentle...sometimes those iron supplements make you constipated...you may need to change your diet or take a laxative to help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Papaya enzyme and some good germs (like real yogurt or a refrigerated probiitic

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Symethacone you can take. It is the same thing in the Mylacon drops that are given to infants. You can get it at WalMart, just get the generic 'gas relief extra strength'. I have had it too and it works within minutes!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:55 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Fart! j/k Maybe try jogging in place or walking on a treadmill if you have one....it should help get the gas out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:13 AM on May. 8, 2010

• you can go to the maternity ward in the hospital if your concerned since your past 16 weeks. thats how it is in miami. you can avoid the er. call your doctor. you shouldnt be asking us first, ask them first. they can get you the help you need. eat wheat products and avoid gas causing foods (gum, beans, dairy, brocolli, cauliflower, etc)
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 2:58 PM on May. 8, 2010

• ***wheat has fiber, it'll relieve constipation. frosted mini wheats is a good choice. or fiber one products
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 2:59 PM on May. 8, 2010