Pacifier and my Two Year Old

I am pregnant with my second baby and I just weaned my two year old off of his pacifier. I am wondering if it is ok to allow him to have it again because I think he'll see the new baby with one and want his again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your set on getting him off of it, I would throw it away and never look back. This is what I did with my son. It came up missing one day and wasn't found again until he had already been off of it for a week. You never know how he will react to seeing the new baby with one, so i'd wait and when that moment comes just explain that he/she is a BABY and he is a BIG BOY. Offer him things that only big boys can have. So that he sees it as a reward and feels special for it ;) Just my opinions. I know it is tough trying to wean them. My daughter got off the paci so easily at only 6 months old, but my son was a completely different story.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:41 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I am with Ctink8189. Wait tell you have the baby and see if he has an issue with the baby having one.
    I never had a issue with the paicfier, because I never let my kids have one.

Answer by louise2 at 8:48 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I would wait it out too. He will actually probally forget it by then it should be no big deal. & you never know if the baby will want the passy all that much.Not all my kids had a passy.Luck~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:46 AM on May. 8, 2010

• He's weaned from it -- he may regress once the baby is actually here and ask for it, but it's not a problem right now, so why try to fix it? :) If, when baby is here, it does become an issue - you can either decide to let him have it again, or attempt to redirect him toward "big boy" things that his new baby sib can't have. Until then, don't sweat it :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:07 PM on May. 8, 2010