Do you give your 1 year old chocolate milk?

He just turned 1 in April so he's new to the age. It wouldn't be a full time thing, but just something to urge him to finish his milk with breakfast. I usually give him half a sippy cup and he doesn't even drink 1/4 of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sure why not ! buy the ovaltine one it has vitamins and minerals so its not all that bad for them
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 10:23 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Yep. First cup/bottle of the day is chocolate milk for my boys.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:10 AM on May. 8, 2010

• No. I just expect them to drink and eat what I give them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 8, 2010

• yes.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I did with my first sometimes, then he always wanted chocolate milk. I felt bad about him drinking chocolate milk all the time so I got ovaltine thinking it would be a little better. A few weeks later he never wanted chocolate again, he is 4 1/2 now and still says he hates chocolate.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:14 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Hmm okay. Just wanted to check. I have the "less sugar" kind so i'll give it a go.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:15 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I tried giving it to minebut he doesnt like it.Now my three year old LOVES it!!!
    WhitleyLyles

Answer by WhitleyLyles at 9:22 AM on May. 8, 2010

• i don't give my dd any chocolate. the dr told me not to. but they never told me when to introduce chocolate.i figure she has gone this long with out it she is ok. and she just drinks plan milk so she doesn't need any persuasian. but i am sure if it helps him drink his milk i am sure its fine.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:27 AM on May. 8, 2010

• The only time we gave my DD chocolate milk (when she was one) was when she had to take medicine for her eczema breakout, and the Pharmacist said chocolate milk would mask the taste. Even at 2 1/2 she rarely gets chocolate milk, it is a treat. At one years old it was only white milk and water.

saylorsmomma

Answer by saylorsmomma at 9:36 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Nope, can't say I have. My 20 month old hasn't had it yet.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:43 AM on May. 8, 2010