bra size help....

i measured my bust line (around the chest at nipple lines) and got 40''
then i measured at the bottom of my breast and got 36" however some people want to measure from under the arms to the top of my bust which I get a 38''.....so what is my bra size? I am currently wearing a 36b but it will ride up over my boobs if i raise my arms...i am sooo confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• 1. Have someone else measure you. When you use your arms you expand your ribcage and throw everything off.

2. Exhale and then measure. The band is meant to be a lot more snug than women realize ~ 80% of your support should come from the band. So expel as much air from your lungs as you can.

3. Measuring is not an exact science. It just gives you an idea of where to start. Depending on the manufacturer I wear a 36DD/36DDD/38D/38DD. Learning how a bra should fit(how the band should feel, where the wires should lay, how the center should lay) is FAR more important than the numbers on a tape measure.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:21 AM on May. 8, 2010

• If it rides up over your boobies then it's too big in the band. Try a smaller one. Even if you measure and get a certain number, all 36B's are different, depending on who made it and style. You just have to try a bunch on until you find one that fits.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:01 AM on May. 8, 2010

• That's the correct size but it sounds like you might have the straps too tight. Try loosening them. You also want to use the last hook setting so that as the bra stretches with age, you can tighten it. If the cup is not supporting you and you feel that you need tight straps, try a different bra. It takes FOREVER for me to find one I like and when I do, I stick with that style and brand for the rest of my life :-D
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 10:02 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Don't ever go to Victoria Secret to be measured. They'll shove you into what ever size they have available. I'm a 38DD at VS and had a sales girls try to tell me that a 36C that she gave me to try on was a 'perfect fit' even though I was busting out all over. I even showed her all the problems with the fit and she still said 'well, it looks great' and walked out.

I know so many woment that have been sized ssssooo wrong at VS....like they're a D cup and told they're a B.

Macy's, Dillards or Nordies.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:30 AM on May. 8, 2010

• measure where your bra line would be, then measure evenly around your bust at your nipples. For every inch difference add a cup size. Make sure that your bra fits well on the last hook so when it adjusts you'll have room to tighten it a bit.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:39 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I have to second the no Victoria Secrets. They are horrible at fitting. had me in a 40DDD when I was really a 38 F all to make a sale
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 8:42 AM on May. 10, 2010