BORDER

My friends is moving into a new place next week ( renting) ....her sons b-day is on the 16th ( a week from sunday) ...His whole room is done in CARS ( the movie) ..but at the new place she cannot paint or anything.... but they also signed an agreement that they plan on living there 5 years + ...... She really wants it do be atleast a little decorative.........anyways I figured as one of his presents from us, I buy him some wall border in the cars) ....but would it ruin the wall? I know I have taken wallpaper off of a wall before and it didnt do anything.... have you ever had wall border ruin a wall?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they make some nifty wall stickers nowadays... don't have to worry about sticking or anything...
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:52 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I agree with graceful, the wall stickies might be the way to go, unless you can find a special type of border that has the same backing as the stickers. BUT.. since the border will only go around certain parts of the walls, I dont see the problem in having to do a little "touch up" painting once it is pulled off.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2010

• You can buy a vinyl stick on boarder. They usually have them near the paint section at the store. They are just peel and stick. When my DD was little we did her room at our apartment in blues clues.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2010

• yeah she has those... but it is a huge room ...and we thought ( me and her) it would be cute to have the border go around the middle... but she just doesnt want to get into trouble b y her landlord.....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2010

• ok thanks...

so witht he "peel & stick " kind though...no one has had trouble with it coming back off -- it just makes me think of how a sticker does damage to stuff lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:56 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I never had problems with them coming off, that is until my DD turned 2 and started taking them off herself lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:58 AM on May. 8, 2010

• The peel and stick stuff, wall stickers, whatever, are very awesome! They do not damage walls at all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:02 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I put my border up with sewing pins. They are thin and don't damage the wall.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on May. 8, 2010

• The only problem with peel and stick is if the walls are colored there can be some fading. But an appartment usually has white walls so it shouldn't matter. And if they do stay five years the landlord should repaint it anyway.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Why not make checkard flags out of fabric at staple that around the ceiling in his room?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 9, 2010