I need to know how to book a trip to Jamaica. I would like to go the first week in August.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 9:56 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Travel

• I'd find a local travel agent.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 10:03 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I know september is hurricane season there, so please check weather stuff before booking. we always forget that the weather in diff p[laces is diff from here at that time of yr. inlaws had a very sucky honeymoon due to a nasty hurricane while they were there and half the resorts are not even open.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:19 AM on May. 8, 2010

• We've used www.cheapcaribbean.com several times, and you can find good deals on expedia.com as well (I always compare the two). The only real drawback is that you are charged when the trip is booked - I don't really mind that, but some may.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:22 PM on May. 8, 2010

• All Inclusive Outlet -

Promo Code: SUMR SL10
    Book Between: 04/29/2010 - 08/13/2010
    Travel Between: 05/01/2010 - 08/30/2010
    Passenger Restriction: None

Valid For

Riu Montego Bay
    Riu Negril
    Riu Ocho Rios
    Riu Tropical Bay

Get great rates at Riu Resorts when you book promo code "SUMR SL10" at All Inclusive Outlet.
    Book your romantic, 2010 all inclusive vacation to a Riu Resort by August 13th and get great rates when you book at All Inclusive Outlet and travel before August 30th, 2010.

Plus, for travel dates 05/01/10-06/25/10 only, guests will receive a $25.00 USD Spa Credit on massages of 50 minutes or more.

Get a quote, look for promo code "SUMR SL10" and book your discount vacation to a Riu Resort now!

All inclusive includes your air fare, room, food, and drinks.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 4:26 PM on May. 8, 2010

• The drinks are alcoholic if you want. Since I don't know where you will be traveling from I can't give you an exact idea how much the trip would cost - most likely $1200 to $1800 per person.
    I live in Florida and my friends and I did an all inclusive for 1 week for $511 per person to Jamaica for 1 week but that was a Florida resident special.
    Don't forget you'll need passports for yor trip.
    I will also suggest to plan a day trip to Ocho Rios to climb the waterfalls. I think it was $30 - 40 a person to take the ride over to Ocha Rios from Montego Bay. We also did a couple of side trips along the way - one was a canoe trip through a river.
    As for hurricane season - it's June - November but we don't see them coming close until late August until the end of season.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 4:34 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I was just looking around on the All Inclusive Outlet web site. If you booked your trip out of Ft Lauderdale, you could get it for $800 - $900 per person. Most of the flights out of Ft Lauderdale are after 4 PM. You could consider booking a flight from your home to Ft Lauderdale in the morning.
    Where do you live?
    I travel a lot and find great deals.
    We did Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles - train to San Diego - San Diego to Orlando last year for $239 a person round trip last year. I also did Orlando to NYC in Dec with a 2 day notice for $129 a person round trip.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 4:50 PM on May. 8, 2010