Racist Cops

This happened in early April but it just now we shown to the public. A freelance photographer caught it all on video without the police knowledge that he was in the car accross the way. The cop screamed "I'm going to kick your Mexican ass, you hear me homey."(you can hear that comment in the video) This guy was a man that they just stopped to question because of a early armed robbery that happened in the area but this guy did nothing wrong. I think the police tried covering it up. The local police even asked news stations to stop airing the video.

THE STORY:
http://www.kirotv.com/investigations/23490010/detail.html

THE VIDEO:
http://www.kirotv.com/video/23482801/index.html

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:38 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is a sad situation, numerous 911 calls, person who matches the description of the suspect, well, this type of thing happens more often than you would think. The name calling is bad, and should not have happened, but I don't think that non-law enforcement people really know & understand what they go through. I am NOT excusing the racial slurs, those should have NEVER been said.

I think the bigger story here is why was the videographer fired???? The one news station would NOT air the footage, and fired the dude who shot the footage. Something off about that...
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:09 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Those two cops give all good cops a bad name. I really hope they get fired.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• That's just sick! I hope they get charged with assult and thrown in jail maybe then they will know what its like to be kicked while on the ground and have racist things said at you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 8, 2010

• ^^^they wont get charged with assult. Come on now they are cops. They can get away with pretty much anything. Just like that cop in Everett, WA that killed a man and got away with it even after his own partner said he shouldnt have fired he's gun that they both weren't in danger. He was on trail for murder but the jurt found him not guilty. (cant see why) but now he'll be back to being a cop. Just like those two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 8, 2010

• he was fired? i miss that part. wow
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:26 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Thats bad but really I think cops in general are getting not just racist but just plain old cocky now days. It used to be if you got pulled over they were at least nice and I think most cops just have a big head these days.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:39 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Though KIRO TV was the first to air the video shot by photographer Jud Morris, he was employed by KCPQ Television at the time.
    Morris told KIRO TV that when showed the video to that station, he was told, "We're definitely not going to run this."

Morris told KIRO 7 Investigative Reporter Chris Halsne he believes the station declined to run the video to protect police.

"The station has a close relationship with police agencies because it airs Washington's Most Wanted," Morris said.

"Washington's Most Wanted is their money-maker," he said.

A few days after he shot the video, he was fired, Morris said.

This is at the very end of the article.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:28 PM on May. 8, 2010

• ^^thats just BS. I'm sure he can fight that. That's what I meant by the police trying to cover it up. I'm glad the guy went to another station to air it. He did the right thing. he exposed what some cops may be doing when there's no one around.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:04 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yes, those officers should be reprimanded. The slurs were uncalled for! I don't think you are going to find one person on here who will defend their actions.

And about the photographer being fired... I don't know that states laws but there are laws about filming people without their consent and maybe the station didn't want a law suit? I dunno.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:08 PM on May. 8, 2010