Masturbation?

A sin or not? Is it wrong morally? Is it wrong according to religion? If yes, why? Would you or do you forbid your children from masturbating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it's wrong at all, it's a natural thing in life
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:05 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Umm, I'm not religious so I don't know all the details but I do know that lust outside of marriage is a sin so if you are not married it is wrong to masturbate.

I do not believe it is morally wrong. I would never forbid my children to do it.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:05 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't know, lets all ask the Duggars.
    I'm guessing Mr. Duggar has told all his kids they will go to hell if they even touch their genitals to WASH them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't think it is but here is a link to a good site about all kinds of bible stuff. http://www.gotquestions.org/masturbation-sin.html
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:08 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I'm Christian and don't see anything wrong about it. If it wasn't meant to be done it wouldn't feel good.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:09 AM on May. 8, 2010

• lol anon about the duggars.
    they are freaks right
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2010

• @Ginger... i'm so with you lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:11 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I still don't think it is but that site says masturbation it self isn't a sin but basically what leads up to it is, lustful thoughts, sexual immorality and pornographic images. Also that if you are not convinced that anything you do is for the glory of God then it is a sin.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:20 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't think it in itself is a sin. LUST is a sin if not for your spouse. And if you are lusting after someone in particular, bad idea (unless hubby). If you are thinking about someone other than hubby, not good. BUT, if you are doing it cuz it feels good, eh, who cares?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:51 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Anything that feels that good must be evil, right? Because we're supposed to live lives of sufferance, like Jesus did, right?
    Seriously though, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It is a natural thing to do. Even babies do it before they are brainwashed to think it's evil.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:33 PM on May. 8, 2010