trying to potty train my two year old and three year old

lauren use to sit on the potty but will not sit on the potty anymore but when she did she would wait til i put a diaper back on to go potty.savannah loves sitting on the potty and will sit on the potty forever but will also wait til you put a diaper back on to go potty.i really need some advice im tired of diapers and i know the kids dont like them either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First potty train one at a time. Train the oldest one first. Take the diapers away. Put paties on her. Then make her drink a lot of water. Put her on the toilet every hour. She will learn that that is where to potty. Every time you bring her, tell her time to go potty.

Answer by louise2 at 11:17 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Waiting for the diaper is a good sign that they both know how to hold their bladders -- good sign that they can be trained to use the potty. The diaper is definitely the problem here. Why use the potty if they know the safe/familiar diaper is coming eventually? I agree, focus on one at a time, though I don't think it's necessary to do the older child first. We didn't have our girls sit at regular intervals, we did have them sit after waking up and before sleeping and about 10 minutes after meals... but not endless periods of sitting -- read a book there, but don't have them sit much longer than that or it will start to feel like time-out. If they want down, fine. And then just watch them very closely and if they start to have an accident, move them to the potty close by. If a little pee makes it in, praise them and offer a small reward. Be consistent and they will get it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:52 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I do not do the potty train two at once...My kids were 2 and 3 and my son was 3 and harder so I focused on him first then dealt with the 2 yr old. Some say its easier to do both but I do not agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 9, 2010