Adding crystal light to water?

I hate plain water! I recently started adding crystal light and can drink 6 20 oz bottles if I want to. Is that still okay?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 11:27 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Try adding less and less of the crystal light.....just a bit of taste will help and you won't be getting so much artificial sweetener. I do use it, but I find it is actually better at half strength and I have been thinking of reducing it even further. You are still getting the water, so in terms of hydration adding the crystal light is just fine, but even if artificial sweeteners are not harmful, they do maintain your addiction to sweet things which can be a problem in the long run.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:27 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Well that is a LOT of artificial sweetner. I would honestly try to start liking water. I know when I have had mostly tea or crystal light or milk etc and hardly any plain water I start to "dislike" water as well. You just have to force it sometimes, get used to it. Try just NOT drinking anything but water for a day or two and you will find that it doesn't really matter as much.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:12 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Or you could add a little lemon or fruit juice to it to give it a hint of flavor.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• be careful not to overdo it. Too much water can be unhealthy for you. It dilutes you. i would stick to 1/2 your weight in oz.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Can you find True Lemon, True Orange, or True Lime packets where you live? They have no artificial sweeteners or preservatives, 100% naturally sweetened with Truvia (from stevia). Five calories, 0 carbs, and 25% RDA of vitamin C per serving.

True Lemon

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:08 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Only use half the packet, or use a bigger bottle. I put a packet in my 32oz camelbak and it's plenty sweet for me with twice the recommended water.
    Anonymous