How long is too long for a boy's hair?

My son has BEAUTIFUL hair. Where it came from, I dont know, both his dad and I have really curly hair borderline coarse. But he has fine, nice Chestnut honey-color soft wavy hair) Hes gotten trimsto keep it out of his eyes but not an actual haircut. In the back it goes to the nape of his neck. Hes a year and a half.
Do you think its too long? If not, what would be too long? What do you think when you see a little boy with long hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, I kind of don't like long hair on a little boy because it makes me think "redneck". I would get it cut to about his ear lobe, maybe a little higher.
    Anonymous

• Nothing is too long if you and your son like it. My son's hair has grown to just past his shoulders before, and the only reason we cut it was because of Summer heat. Always do what's right for your family, not what society says is right.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:30 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I love long hair period, on boys or girls, it doesn't matter. I think they are precious with the long hair. I let my son's hair grow. I loved the curls. When he was ready he said he wanted them cut so we cut them at about age 4.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Its your son whatever you think is right, we have a ritual in my family. Our boys did not get their first haircuts until their second birthday. So both of them had beautiful shoulder length blonde hair.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:35 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I think they look like girls.
    Anonymous

• If it looks nice on him and it's kept clean and tidy, then I don't think you can get it too long. Some boys don't look good with long hair, and some look fine. Just like some men look devastatingly handsome with long hair, and some just look trashy. It depends on the individual. If you like his hair long, keep it long until he says he doesn't want it long. Just keep it clean and tidy.
    Anonymous

• no it's not too long. boys with long hair are adorable
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I hate lil boys with long hair. I feel bad for them. I dont like buzz cuts either. I give my 16 month old a hair cut every 2 weeks. I cut it shorter around the ears and the neck because that makes it look longer.
    But its your son and your preference.
    Anonymous

• I assume your son is fairly young, my DS used to have his to about the middle of his back. His dad and I said we didn't care how long it was, as long as he kept it clean. When he signed up for the navy, he shaved his own head...said he didn't want some navy barber to think he was getting to "shear the hippy" as he put it. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:22 PM on May. 8, 2010

• There are many Jewish families here that dont cut the boys hair until 3.... I understand that for religious reasons. But in general I dont care for the look of long hair on boys. I know that all the Disney stars are wearing their hair longer... and it looks ok. BUT long hair I think looks sloppy and a bit red-neck. I actually saw a boy yesterday about 4 who had a 3-4 inch long mohawk... it looked soooo ridiculos that I had to see what his parents looked like... who would do that to a child?????

Anonymous