Has anyone had a SMALL glass of wine once a week during pregnancy? If so is your baby ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes and keep in mind that a serving of wine is NOT 8oz. Oh and DD was just fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:01 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Only 2 oz and ya he was fine.
    Anonymous

• when they say don't drink they mean hard liquor and a lot of it, a lil wine won't do anything
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:07 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't know if it was once a week. It probably more like once a month...and he is totally healthy.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:17 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Are you really that selfish that you would even take the chance? Just because someone else's child is fine, doesn't mean yours will be. It's 9 months, is it really that hard to quit? If it is, maybe you have a problem.
    Anonymous

• personaly, i miss wine a lot. i love a glass of wine with dinner. but its not worth it to me to drink while im pregnant. anything to take a risk away is worth it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I didn't have wine every week...but occasionally I'd have a glass of wine....and because it was so spread apart...that glass of wine would literally get me drunk lol. Did that with both my pregnancies and both my kids came out fine. I even smoked cigaretts with both my pregnancies, and my kids were BIG and HEALTHY...and STILL are. My daughter is over 2 and hasn't ever had an ear infection, and my son who is 11 months old has had ONE (but ear problems run in my family for boys, same for his dad's side) ((AND I BRING UP THE EAR INFECTIONS BECAUSE THEY SAY KIDS OF PARENTS WHO SMOKE ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET EAR INFECTIONS))
    Anonymous

• I never did, only because I kept reading and hearing that Dr's don't know how much alcohol is enough or too little to cause FAS and too me a little wine or beer just is not worth that risk. I can do without for 9 months or so, I would rather know I am not potentially harming my baby!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:42 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I didn't drink every week but maybe 1 time a month if that.... I would have some wine... My son is 11 months old, healthy, smart, and above average in size... he's been walking since he was 9.5 months... As long as you do it rarely I see no prob with it
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:43 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Replace wine with heroine...do you still think it is ok just because someone else's kid is fine? Honestly, it is still harmful. No matter how little. I can't believe with all the research out people still say "my kid is fine". Seriously? My husband's mom smoked w/ all 5 of her boys. They were fine, but I won't take a risk like that.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:52 PM on May. 8, 2010