What do you think??

Should I be taking extra iron pills like I did with my 1st pregnancy? I am 32 weeks and I feel exhausted ALL the time. I feel out of breath and have dizzy spells. I literally can not stand at my sink and wash a load of dishes without feeling like I am going to black out... I have said something to the doctor many times inluding 2 previous pregnancies... My very first pregnancy I was diagosed anemic but with the last 3 pregnancies I was not... None of this making any sense. Any Ideas??

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:21 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that can all be normal part of being pregnant. there is usually iron in prenatal vitamins. i would have the doc check iron levels and go from there.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:36 PM on May. 8, 2010

• The doctor should have checked your iron levels mid pregnancy. I was put on iron pills along with my prenatal vitamins with my DD. The doctor should take a current iron count to see if you are low just to check since you have mentioned it. It doesn't take that long to find out after they take your blood to get the result. Ask the doctor on your next visit, if she doesn't seem worried let her know you are and would just like a blood test to make sure you are doing everything you can to give the best care to the child that you are carrying :) Good luck Mama
    Dianebrooke

Answer by Dianebrooke at 4:48 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Thank you... I go back to the dr tuesday. I will ask again what I should do...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:03 PM on May. 8, 2010