ironman @ 2 and a half?

would you/have you/are you planning to take your child to see ironman? my son is only 2 years and 7 months old and my husband wants to take him too see ironman but i say it's inappropriate. what do you think? also my son has never even been to the movies. we were planning to take him for the first time when shrek 4 comes out.

i thought it would probably be too scary, and that we would just have to leave, and we don't have much money to be throwing away to watch 5 minutes of a movie.

i know my husband just really wants to see the movie himself so i told him if he wants to see it that bad he should just go by himself but of course he doesn't wanna do that. tomorrow he will even be home alone because we are going to visit moms but he can't go because he'll have to work later.

what do you think? should a 2 year old be going to see ironman? my husband is all mad now because i won't take our son to see ironman w/ him

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 1:49 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg no my son would NEVER sit through a whole movie! but my son is into everything always getting into stuff, i wouldnt want to unleash him on a bunch of unsuspecting teenagers :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:53 PM on May. 8, 2010

• So I asked my teens and they say no due to language, violence ,length and boredom factor.Instead of your hubby seeing it in the evening how about a matinee while you're gone?When there is a movie I think it would be fun for us all to see we go after church on Sundays.For us it is corralling everyone together at the same time.Nearly impossible on weekend nights.They have friends over for Guitar Hero tournaments or movie marathons or they're at another friends house so we love a Sun Matinee oh ya it is cheaper.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

• It isn't scary, I have seen it, I would take my two year old if he would sit through a movie! He won't though, tried to take him to how to train your dragon and we saw half of it.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 2:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I think most movies are just not a good idea at that age--they won't sit still for very long and you'll end up missing most of the movie and disrupting other people's enjoyment. Nothing I hate more than a crying baby during a non-children's movie. And there is always the violence factor...I wouldn't let my 7 year old watch it
    Anonymous

that's something else i told my husband, my brother thought ironman was scary when he was 6 or 7 so why would i even think about taking my 2 yo to see the sequel?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:50 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't think it'll scary- but probably boring. Does he normally watch these types of movies at home? Will it be a big shock for him?

Let your husband go. It can be a father/son thing. :-) I'm betting that they won't make it and it'll be a great lesson learned on his part.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:16 PM on May. 8, 2010