Will it be too soon to tell the sex?

I have an sono on thur i will be 12 weeks 5days will they be able to tell the sex of the baby?

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 2:14 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think that is too early... not completely sure though
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:17 PM on May. 8, 2010

• WAY too early. All babies look like boys at that gestation. Not only that, but your sonographer probably wouldn't even attempt to guess. The babies have what's called a "nub", and it looks like a little winkie. You can try to determine if it's a boy or girl based on the angle of the nub (google "angle of the dangle" for more info) but it's still a 50/50 guess at best.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:18 PM on May. 8, 2010

• thats pretty early I would wait until about 20 weeks because you get a more clear picture that will be more accurate. Some dr will tell you around 15 weeks, but there is a higher chance that they will be wrong.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:19 PM on May. 8, 2010

• It all depends. Alot of times boy parts show up pretty soon, so unless you DEF see that little pee pee sticking up I wouldn't trust it just yet lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:19 PM on May. 8, 2010

• thank you very much
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 2:22 PM on May. 8, 2010

• i think they might be able to make a guess but definitely not a very certain one :)
    Anonymous

• Just for fun google chinesegenderchart GL and let us know ;)
    Anonymous

• nope. not at that point in the gestation period. their genitals are exactly the same up until about 12-13 weeks... so, there isn't any positive way to tell. Sorry :( But you get to meet your new addition!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:53 PM on May. 8, 2010

• At that stage they all have a little "nub" that will either become the penis or the clitoris.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:07 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yeah I think its too early. From what I've been told, like another poster said, all babies look like boys at that stage. I had an ultrasound done at 16 weeks I believe and they UST said he would put money on it that I was having a boy. He said he couldn't say for sure, but he thought he saw a penis in between my son's legs. Turns out, at my 20 week US, I was indeed having a boy!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:12 PM on May. 8, 2010