my daughter is a month old and her soft spot is like in? is that ok or should i call my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not an expert but i think that means shes dehydrated... but when in doubt ask Dr. Google!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• she may be dehydrated. check her for a fever give her a bottle or breast. check again 10mins later... if it is still sunk in call doc
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• yes as the pp that means shes dehydrated and yes you should call the doctor,probably get her some pedialite if its recommended
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:23 PM on May. 8, 2010

• yep sounds like she is dehydrated.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 2:23 PM on May. 8, 2010

• When my daughter was that young...I used to be able to see her head pulsating where her soft spot was. It was freaky. Your baby is fine...if you're that concerned, bring it up with your pedi.
    Anonymous

• I was told thats a sign of dehydration. I agree with the other moms, talk to her dr.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• "When my daughter was that young...I used to be able to see her head pulsating where her soft spot was. It was freaky. Your baby is fine.."

A sunken soft spot is not "fine."
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 5:38 PM on May. 8, 2010

• She is dehydrated. You need to nurse her more often. A call to your health care provider is a good idea.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:05 AM on May. 9, 2010