is it normal to spot after intercorse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I spotted after sex with one of mine and went on to lose the baby. I'm sorry to be a bit scary but it can happen. Some women are senstive to the prostagladins in semen even in early pregnancy (it's these that can induce labour in some mums). I was one of those. So with my following three pregnancies we avoided unprotected sex altogether. I don't know your situation but if you are getting a warning, I can't help but say leave off unprotected sex if you're pregnant and spotting after sex.
    Anonymous

• thanks i went to the doctor and the babies heart rate was very good and everythign was good the spotting was very light so im feeling better
    meg03cl

Answer by meg03cl at 2:49 PM on May. 8, 2010

• You can also get spotting after sex from just getting cut up a little bit on the inside from the "wear and tear" of your activities.

You'll usually see that this blood looks more like a cut than uterine blood - it's got a thinner, more liquid texture, and is more consistent in its coloring.
    Anonymous

• Yeah its normal. It can happen also after they check you. As long as its not filling a panty liner up your fine.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 7:26 PM on May. 8, 2010