Why do teen moms get judged so harshly?????

I dont understand why people assume I am a horrible mother and person because I had my kids as a teen....

YoungMamaSPrego

Asked by YoungMamaSPrego at 2:46 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think teen moms are horrible people, just very irresponsible and not very smart.
    Anonymous

• This...again??? I don't know why you're assuming all people think this way, because we don't. I think teens who get pregnant are very selfish, but what's done is done. Now, are they bad moms? I'm sure some are just like any mother at any age. There are good apples and bad apples.

I think if you are financially, emotionally, and physically ready to have a baby, then that's great! If not, then you have 9 months to get ready. I just hope that any teen that gets pregnant has the support they need from their family because they are going to need it.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about what others think. They are ignorant for assuming all teen moms are the same.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 2:51 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't think all teen Moms are horrible. Some are and some older Mom's are horrible too.
    Anonymous

• I just feel like soome people are intentionally trying to put me down for having my kids so young and, I dont appreciate how some ladies assume that my husband is a pedophile because no two teens can support all three of my kids... Really because we are both really young and are stable.
    YoungMamaSPrego

Answer by YoungMamaSPrego at 2:54 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yeah i asked a similar question like this last night. Some were nice the others the ones that don't like teen moms never really came up with a good answer why. All I can tell you is you have to look beyond them, be the bigger person, just walk away and pray for them.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:56 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yeah I guess thats all you can do, I just dont see why anyone would just dislike a group of people that group being teen moms for no reason. Thanks for being nice mrsbean
    YoungMamaSPrego

Answer by YoungMamaSPrego at 2:58 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yes, well i know what you are going through. I am 17 and pregnant with my second child, I have been told alot of very hateful things not because I am doing anything wrong just because of simply my age things they would not say if i was 27. You have to realize though even if you were in your 30's they would find SOMETHING to bash you about, so as I said you really do have to walk away and be the bigger person as hard as it is.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:03 PM on May. 8, 2010

• As long as you are happy and love your children and husband that is all that matters.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yeah, Im 17 and I am pregnant with baby #3 yur right people will always find things to cmplain about or bash you about.... BTW congrats on baby #2!!
    YoungMamaSPrego

Answer by YoungMamaSPrego at 3:06 PM on May. 8, 2010