Jenny Craig? have you tried it and what do you think?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:44 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on May. 9, 2010

• The food is expensive and tastes terrible. Also I could dig paying that much for food, but all of the food you should be eating is not included in the price you are paying for food. You still have to buy about $200 worth of groceries each month.
    NO Thanks!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:16 PM on May. 8, 2010

• lol I heard weight watchers taste better
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 7:27 AM on May. 9, 2010

• I did it years ago and I did lose 35 lbs. It cost me about $300 a month in their food. It was pretty good food and It didn't take long for me to figure out what I liked and didn't. Don't like it, just don't get it. You make your own meals. I did water aerobics at the Y for exercise. Took me 3 months to lose 35 lbs.
    Good luck in whatever you try.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 AM on May. 9, 2010

• My mom has done both weight watchers and jenny craig. She tried both for a long period of time and granted she lost some on weight watchers but it was harder because you portion your own meal and unlike jenny craig, they have a meeting with all that are joined and they do weigh you but it's not as private. My mom lost over 30 lbs on jenny craig and she has figured out which foods she likes and which ones she doesnt. Weight watchers sounds better because you do just eat whatever from the grocery store or going out to eat you just have to portion more and follow the points chart....but if I were to recommend, my mom loved jenny craig.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:47 AM on May. 9, 2010