Nutrisystem? have you tried it? what do you think of it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:45 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My aunt is doing it and she's lost 30lbs so far (she's VERY overwieght). She's really enjoying it!!!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:46 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I tried it a few years ago. I lost 15 lbs. (that was my goal). I loved it. The only drawback was the price.
    Anonymous

• I have a relative that has used it a few times. Each time she lost weight, but she gained it back everytime she stopped. That's because when you're on it you never learn how to control your own portions because they prepare the food for you. So when she would quit she never knew how to do it herself. It's also expensive.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 4:41 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I used the food before when my friend had too much. It tasted bad. Honestly, it's just small portions of diet food. You can buy that at the store (Smart Ones, etc.). Just buy "diet" food and eat low amount of calories... like 1200 a day and you'll get the same effect.

I joined Weight Watchers on-line 5 weeks ago and have lost 12 pounds... and, I get to eat regular food. It's all about moderation... low calaories, high fiber, lots of water, and regular exercise.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 5:51 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I've tried the food when my parents were on the diet and it was pretty good. I would eat it again if I happened to have it. I know my parents did lose weight on it too.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on May. 9, 2010

• my friend is doing this, she loves it and she lost 15 lbs though she was not seriously over weight, but she feels better about herself and that is what matters I always say
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:24 AM on May. 9, 2010