SlimKids? Have you heard of it? Have you tried it? what do you think of it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:46 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• From what I understand it's a "doctor/dietician" created "healthy" eating plan for overweight or obese kids/teens. There's not a lot to read on it other than the advertisement/webpage. The sample menu on their website looks decent. In all honesty, I can't see paying for this...I mean if you LOOK at the sample menu, it consists of good, sound, eating habits...those aren't really hard to find and your doctor can usually suggest a dietician to work with your child, bypassing having to pay for the same service via Montel Williams. That, along with daily exercise, and you can achieve the same results... Just my .02.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:57 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No, what is it??
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:21 PM on May. 8, 2010

• What is it?
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:22 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I think your kid is not getting proper diet and nutrition and because of that he may be slim.
    Stela481

Answer by Stela481 at 1:11 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with mainemusicmaker. Your insurance may pay for a dietician if you need help getting started.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 4:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I haven't heard from it, but if it is anything diet related I would think that you would be able to get the same (or better results) by working with a nutritionist or dietician. Remember- you can always make healthy food at home!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:45 PM on May. 10, 2010