So there could be a Goddess mother in the bible?

I have always thought there had to be a counterpart to God. So maybe the compassionate God is the Goddess(holy spirit) God's queen and counter part. The voice of reason. Maybe God as he says is the Jealous, and vengeful God of heaven. Is this to much of an out there thought? Really? What is woman? What is man? To have both these traits the would not refer to him as he. So why can't he have a spouse as well? Woman have common sense and reason, they can think more soundly then a man. So why can't God like all men have a woman of reason behind him? I'm serious no bashing. We are adults and can have a healthy debate on this.

http://www.greaterthings.com/MormonGoddess/god_the_mother_in_Bible.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother

http://www.crossroad.to/Books/TwistofFaith/1-Father-Mother.html

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:02 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok, I have no way to back this up and really dont feel like it but Ill give you my opinion and what I was raised to believe(even tho I no longer am part of that church).

We are all spirit children of our Heavenly Father. It makes complete sense that there would then be a Heavenly Mother who helped create us since we are children. She doesnt seem to get much credit but if you think about it...as mothers, do we get much credit for all we do??? Nah.

It also makes sense that there is a Heavenly Mother, to me, because why would Heavenly Father make a new way to create life that was different than his own? We all have a spark of the Divine in us and why would he make us out of poofness/dirt/whatever but in his own image yet the working parts are different?? I dont think so, makes no sense.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:58 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Not in the one I read.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:36 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Lexyl...
    Not in the one I read.

The links I posted points it out in all the versions that there may be one.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Have you read the entire Bible for yourself? Do you know it well? It's best to study it for yourself (prayerfully) before you go reading what other's views are. Study the real and you can discern it from the counterfeit. Be convinced in your own mind FIRST, then go off and read stuff like this. That's how we prevent falling for and being being tossed about by "every wind of doctrine". I KNOW the Bible, and I KNOW the Lord. He has lovingly equipped me with the knowledge and understanding to call this some of Satan's stuff. He'll do the same for you if you are willing.( James 1:5) ~~Peace and blessings to you!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Have you read the entire Bible for yourself? Do you know it well?

Yes I have quite a bit that is why I have always believed this. I didn't just find this and then wonder or think it is so. I have always thought it is so. I have studied it and have already made up my mind on this that there is a Goddess in heaven. This is something I found today way after my mind had been made up about it. No believing there is a companion for god is not the devils way. Or his word. That is just silly thinking right there. The fact that there would be a woman makes so much in the bible more clear.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:53 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I love your explanation Amaranth. That is my thinking to. It just doesn't make sense with out one.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:16 PM on May. 8, 2010

• If you think of hte Trinity as 3 separate "beings", it can easily come to that. But, the trinity is all God. There is God the Master, God in human form, and God's spirit and presence. I know we disagree, and I accept it...
    But I feel if the Holy Spirit was a woman, it would have been specifically said.
    I was just thinking today, while driving, about anger, jealousy, etc. What we feel vs. what God feels (in His image). Thing is, he does get angry, frustrated, jealous, etc. But RIGHTEOUSLY! Like when Jesus flipped the tables in the temple, he had good reason to be angry. It was OK to be angry. Just like God wouldn't get mad over petty things. He gets angry when we go totally against His word. When we would rather live full of sin and evil than full of the Holy Spirit. See-Soddom and Gommorah
    And if the Holy Spirit dwells in Christians' hearts, how is that feminine, I wonder? :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:20 PM on May. 8, 2010

• The only goddess in the bible are enemies of Yahweh. The one main one [Artimis] is explained to have fallen from heaven by her worshipers and we all know who Yahshua the Messiah watched falling from heaven. No Yahweh is all male, but he made man both man, and (wo)man in his image, and we know his image is the Messiah his first creation, just with different duties and responsibilities.The other is still the same godess but in heavenly host discription of the moon. "Queen of Heaven"sadly they think in some parts of the believers this is in reference to Mary but it is Artimis in disguise a.k.a the Whore of Babylon.. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Yahweh is who you refer to as God, Yah is the spirit or better known angel form he uses in different parts of the bible dealing with man, Yahshua is the separate being his first creation, his son. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:59 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Not to mention, God first and foremost created Adam. It doesn't say he had prior intent to make Eve. I don't think God necessarily sat and planned it all out first. He was like, "Hmm... light! Alright... BAM!... Needs something more... Earth, Sky! Okie dokie... hmm, kinda plain... how about some things to go in each?" Kinda like a painter! Not to mention, he created woman from man (woman... of man!) But God and his Holy Spirit always were, as was Jesus, I believe, waiting. Because it was prophesied. There was a plan. Eve was an afterthought b/c Adam was lonely. God created angels and humans to bring him company. In Gen. 2:19 it reads: ...It is not good for man to be alone..." MAN to be alone... God was alone, so he created earth and man. MAN was lonely, so God gave him WOMAN. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:17 PM on May. 8, 2010