Why is it so hard for women to accept?

That I'm a stay at home mom and I need to make an income too. Why do women think that because I work a direct sales job that it's not a real job!
I can't afford to work and put 3 kids in daycare and make what I make doing home parties. I get to be home with my kids during the day. Hubby is able to take over when he gets home. I could work my tail off at any retail store or restaurant and work long tedious hours with hardly any money to show for it. But I would get more respect from others if I did that as opposed to doing a direct sales job. What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• You do what you gotta do and if you are happy doing it......that makes it even better. Don't worry about what others think!! All of those 'home' parties are fun!!!
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 4:41 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Ignore them I am a sham to. I was baby sitting for a while. Unfortunately I had been to leinient with the person I was sitting for and had to put my foot down so right now am looking for more kids. However it is still income and cheaper then working out of the home.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:49 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I'm a work at home mom as well and I just LOVE when hubs calls me while he's at work and asks me do to a whole list of things, as if I DON'T already have a list of my own. Being a work at home mom and getting respect for it is tough, and I don't see why so much. I've gotten hounded by so many who are AGAINST PUBLIC ASSISTANCE to go get "a real job" but yet that would require me to get daycare assistance, because what's the logic in working just to have your kids in daycare? There isn't any!

I respect you for doing what you have to do and doing something you ENJOY doing, because not everyone has it that good.

Who cares what other people think.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 1:17 PM on May. 10, 2010