Is Mother's Day too commercialized?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36969170/ns/today-mothers_day_guide/

Copy and paste this link. Check out the time line. See who started the holiday and then turned against it. How do you feel about it? Is Mother's Day to commercialized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I love it!!! It is what you make it I guess, for me it's just a day that I get to spend with my fam!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I believe every holiday is too commercialized! But in the case of Mother's day I am glad. It helps men and children easier find something Mom would want. I went grocery shopping today and it was a whole isle of flowers, gifts, etc. All the restuarant do a brunch so you don't have to worry about eating your kids/husbands cooking. Mother's day for me is an excuse to sleep in, maybe get my haircut and take ME time! We deserve to be pampered!
    Anonymous

• As with all holidays they are over commercialized, but I look forward to Mother's Day when I wake up to happy faces greeting me with a Happy Mother's Day and all is good for about an hour until reality sets in and everything is back to normal, it is one of the two times a year I get flowers to which I absolutely adore! and I love the kids handmade gifts!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:02 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I get power tools (LOVE THEM) this years I have glasses and I always get something I need.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:36 PM on May. 8, 2010

• yes. every holiday day.. but its what YOU make of it! :o)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:28 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I think all holidays are WAY too commercialized. It's supposed to be about the sentiment, not how much $$ someone spends on a gift. Jeez :(
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:57 AM on May. 9, 2010