Should I give my girlfriend a fake Burberry bag?

I went shopping and saw the most adorable Burberry purse. I examined it and it seemed to be really high quality. It was at a yard sale, and the lady said she just needed to clean out room, so I assumed it was real. I knew my girlfriend REALLY wanted a Burberry in Classic Plaid, so I bought it. When I came home, I looked up how to tell if it was authentic, and big surprise, it's not! Now I'm not sure if I should still give it to her, or just keep it to myself to keep from looking like a tacky fool. Suggestions? Would you want a fake Burberry, that is very cute, no Burberry at all?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 4:49 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her you thought it was real, but then found out it was a fake & that you wish so bad you could give her a real one. She would appreciate it! Definitely give it to her.

FYI, i would use the fake & enjoy the hell out of it!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• You could give it to her and tell her the story- if she doesn't want it keep it for yourself
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I'd give it to her, but tell her it is fake. Your intentions were good, you thought it was real. She should appreciate the thought behind it.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 4:57 PM on May. 8, 2010

• If you ask she is going to yes anyway as courtesy to you. I would keep it and buy a gift certificate.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Tell her you saw it and thought of her, but later found out it was fake. I am a person that thinks it's silly to spend more than $30 on a bag, but I understand authentic bags are important to some people. If I was your girlfriend I would appreciate the gesture and would love the bag!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 5:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Just give it to her unless you want it...lol Some fakes look real sometimes, I wanted a Louie Vouitton for the longest I finally got one and it cost me $65.00 along with a nice wallet I know even that is expensive but hey I really liked this LV purse. It's real to me...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:25 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I would give to her! Tell her the story, she'll appreciate that you thought of her!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:40 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I'd tell her the story and let her decide if she wants it. If not, I'll take it!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I'd never buy a friend a real burberry. She doesn't like it she can sell it...haha.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 5:48 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I think you should tell her that you saw the bag and you thought of her and how much she wanted one and bought it for her. I would also say that you did not know it was a fake until after you got it home and took a better look at it. I think it is the thought that counts and your heart was in the right place. If she does not like it or does not want it (because it is fake) then keep it for yourself.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:47 PM on May. 8, 2010