where do you find rice paper in your grocery store??

ive looked and looked and looked...even asked and a regular grocery store has never heard of them. my sister is a vegitarian so if it'd be a a special shop, it'd be too late so i guess i'd have to use lettuce as a wrap instead of that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have you tried asking for them under a different name? Most people know what you're talking about when you say spring roll wrappers.

If your regular grocery store doesn't have them & can't or won't order them, you will probably have to go to an Asian specialty shop. The one near me has a crapton... all different sizes & amounts.

If you REALLY have your heart set on getting 'em, they sell spring roll wrappers on Amazon :)

If you decide you don't care THAT much, lettuce is a really good alternative. It's fresh, crispy, and the taste goes with practically everything. Seaweed can be a really good wrapper too, but it has the "straight-from-the-ocean" taste that doesn't go with everything, so it will all depend on what you're making.

PS- Just FYI, if you don't know... There is a different type of rice paper used in baking (usually for decorations), so be careful when ordering online.

HTH!! :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:51 AM on May. 9, 2010

• Not in my supermarket. YOu could find paper rice at any asian store by the rice noddles.
    Anonymous

• have you tried seaweed as a wrap?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:03 PM on May. 8, 2010

• They're by the fish counter in my supermarket.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:22 PM on May. 8, 2010