I need help...

O.K., I'm posting anon because this is very embarrassing, horrible, and sad all in one. It isn't easy for me to admit these things to anyone....I'm a horrible mom, and it breaks my heart a little more each day. I am too young, a mother of two beautiful babies. Whom I love with everything, and would gladly lay my life for thiers. I try hard to raise my children to be 'good' people. But it's hard to get across when I'm not. I get so aggravated and I don't know why... I get mad, I cry, but I always try to stay calm for my 3yo. It doesn't always work. I would never hurt my child, but there have been times the thought of busting his butt has ran through my mind- and I don't mean just a nice little spanking.... I yell. Lord knows I hate it when I yell, but why do I still do it? As I said, I would never hurt my son. When it gets bad Dad or Grammy take over while I go collect myself and calm down. I know I have a problem, so now what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Health

• If you spank your child, don't do it because you are angry. You should talk to someone. Someone that can really help you. All moms get frustrated but if you ever think you are going to harm them, you need to take action to fix that. For their sake.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 5:08 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Just realize that what you are feeling is completely normal! We all go thru it. When you start to feel like you are loosing control, have Dad step in before you actually do.

Are you getting any ME time? If not, you need to...even if it's for a couple hours. I always find that after some time for myself, I have more patience for my baby. Hugs!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:09 PM on May. 8, 2010

• You just are running out of patience but thank God someone is there to take over all moms feel this way it's just some know what to do hang in there it's a long journey but we will all be all right. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:31 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Not all of us are saints. Young children can be more than a handful. Some days, I look at my adorable blue eyed 18 month old monster toddler and wonder if he is old enough to shake yet. Other days I can take it with stride and stay calm, but it's not often. When I feel I'm going to lose it I put us both on time out and I breathe. Everyone in my family has a short fuse and you just need to learn tatics to keep you from doing something you will regret. Conseling is good...if you can afford it or have insurance. Otherwise, google anger management techniques. There are things from breathing techniques to ideas on how to redirect anger and build patience. You are not a bad mom....you are pretty normal from what I've seen.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 5:59 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Maybe you should see a doctor. You could have an imbalance in your thyroid or be suffering from depression or anxiety. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone needs a little help sometimes
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 6:21 PM on May. 8, 2010