Father's day and the ex

Do you get a father's day card for your ex from you child(ren)? Does he get a mother's day card for you from them?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 5:11 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• I am not divorced, but I am pretty sure I would help my kids buy a gift and make a card for their dad. My sister is divorced and on good terms with her ex and neither of them do anything for either holiday for the other. I just think it is sad. So she gets no mothers day present or card D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• You can or just a phone call would nice from either side justas long as the kids know mommy and daddy are trying to get along GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:15 PM on May. 8, 2010

• No, and no.

Answer by missanc at 3:39 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My hubby doesn't get anything for his ex, she's a nut.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I reall can't stand my ex, but he did send a card from Jackson to me for mothers day.....thing is though he only sees Jackson 4-5 times a year and he's very selfish putting himself and his girlfriend first. I really don't want to reciprocate....because well, he's a lousy father. I'm re-married and my son calls my husband "dad" and he's there for him, plays wih him, teaches him to read, buys him things, loves him.....my ex only calls him once every 2 months (and even then it's only when I get so mad I tell him off)

I called him a few days ago to see if he was coming for Jackson's birthday and he said "Uhhhhhh I guess I could, if I can get off work"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:15 PM on May. 27, 2010

• and the ex would never be nice on purpose.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes. Be nice and act like an adult. If he doesn't it just makes him look bad. But make it from the kids, not you.
    Anonymous

• IMO the child should do something for their father's and mother's for these days, and it's up to the parents to make it happen. I also had DD make something for her dad, even when we split for a while. It may have been something easy like a colored photo, and me placing it in a card, but it's more a gift from the kids, that it is from you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2010