Help for killer migraine

My migraines are usually sinus or hormone induced and I'm on day 3 of my period, I've taken my sinus and allergy meds, the ibuprofen, 2 cans of coke (I hadn't any since yesterday, yes we're trying to get me off of it) I've got all the curtains closed and turned up the a/c. I'd take a cool shower or a nap, but DH just left for work and I've got a 4 & 5 yr old to watch.

My head is pounding, I think I'm going to vomit and it's about 4hrs til the boys go to bed. I do have a wet wash rag in a zip bag in the freezer getting chilled so I can try that on my forehead.

Anyone have any other ideas? If anyone has any experience with herbals or homeopathy, I've already taken my belladonna...but am out of the regular migraine formula.

Blessings to anyone that can help me. Even if it's only healing energy being sent.

daisy521

Asked by daisy521 at 5:45 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Health

• My mother has migranes and she SWEARS that Vicks vapor rub helps her....she puts it under and even a bit in her nose and breaths it in. Something about the vapors...but maybe thats just my mom.

Sorry you are feeling horrible, is there anyone who can come help so you can lay down?
    Anonymous

• I have had migraines since I was 13 years old, which makes 11 years now. I have tried every medication out there just about and the only thing that has worked well for me is Imitrex. It made me feel slightly goofy for an hour or so, but after that goes away I feel great! But since you probably don't have any on hand I can tell you that caffeine is great for headaches. Most migraine meds contain at least a small amount of it. So try a cup of coffee, coke, or tea. Also hot/cold compress helps too!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:59 PM on May. 8, 2010