potty training help plzzz

ok my son jaylin turned two at the end of march and we started pottying training him a few days ago! he went # 1 &2 on the potty once and after that he will not get on his potty!! he shows all the signs of being ready, he tells me when he has to go, he takes off his diaper when he wets it, he wants to wear the big boy boxers, but when it comes time to get on the potty he freaks out and screams and wants nothing to do with it, he just pees on the floor! iv tried to reward him, praise him, he goes to the potty when i go!! i just no what to do! he seems to hate his potty!! i need some advice on what to do! he doesnt want to wear diapers, he rips them off and if i keep boxers on him he pees and poops all over the house!!! neone been throught this??? please help, ne advice is welcome!! thanks!!

missyk0325

Asked by missyk0325 at 6:17 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try a different potty. maybe just a potty ring on the big toilet.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:47 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I agree, offer different places to use the potty (a potty chair and a ring that fits to the toilet -- make sure it's a comfy, sturdy one). But also I have found that with some kids the reality sets in that sitting on the potty waiting for something to come out is BORING. And it is. I think your best bet is to leave him in the boxers, no pants though, and pay close attention. When he starts to have an accident, move him quickly to the potty, get the boxers down, and if you're quick enough he'll finish on the potty. I know it involves clean-up, but it's the quickest, easiest way for them to make the association (rather than sitting and randomly having success or not on the potty. It also give you the chance to praise him and reward him when a little pee or poop makes it in the potty. And don't offer the diapers anymore. If you're consistent, he should get it in not time, but you have to move him to the potty every time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:43 PM on May. 8, 2010