Allowance for Adults

I was just wondering if any of you had an allowance for your DH and yourself? I give my DH 100.00 a week for gas and lunch. He drives far so he needs about 80 for gas so 20 for lunch. Which he should be taking his lunch from home. I never get an allowance but was thinking I should. I need to start having my own money. We have a joint checking for bills and going out. What is a good amount? I work like 5 miles from home. I usually take my lunch to work. Thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope, can't say we do "allowances" if the money is there, we spend it... We don't have to clear our spending with the other or keep track of what we spend other than to make sure the money is in the bank...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:39 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My hubs and I don't do allowances. We keep separate accounts and each have bills that we are responsible for and our own budgets. (although we do share money if the other needs some).
    I think you should sit down with your husband and both of you discuss it. I would also make a budget and see what you have for bills, see what is left over and then decide on an amount from that.
    Anonymous

• Make it the same idea: what you need for gas and lunch.
    If he has an amount for "whatever", you get the same.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:20 PM on May. 8, 2010