Teething??

My baby is 7 weeks old. Suddenly this past week for the first time my baby boy started sucking on his hand, he now has drull coming out his mouth all day and he is crying/fussing alot more. Is it possible he could be teething this early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• id say possible but not probable. and he will probably do this off and on a lot before he really gets any teeth. this can be a way of him saying he is hungry. he may just be going through a growth spurt and need to eat more. or he may have colic.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:52 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I think he is a bit young for teething. It could be that he is still hungry and not getting enough milk/formula to eat. If you formula feed you may want to consider upping his formula ounces per feeding and see if that does it.
    Anonymous

• From what I remember, those first teeth take forever to come in. He could be crabby because they are starting to move. But, of course, it could be a lot of other things.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 6:58 PM on May. 8, 2010

• He usually does this after his belly if full. He eats ALOT he is already close to 12lbs.
    Anonymous

• My DD started teething really early, I'm thinking around the same time. She is 7 months in 2 days and her bottom teeth are just now starting to come in. I'm thinking the first one will break threw within the next week because her gums are swollen and I see her tooth underneath.
    It takes quite awhile=/
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:18 PM on May. 8, 2010