Why would anyone smoke in the house with children?

Not only is it obviously harmful it makes your house and your children and the stuff they own stink. I never smoke but if I ever did I would enver ever have it around my kids or house. I was in 7th grade when everyone called me Nikki Nicotine I will never forget it. I cried my eyes out for 2 years straight until my mother got the hint. I tried everything showers tons and tons of body spray and nothing covered it! I dont understand how your child should be punished cause even if you or they cant smell it people from households who dont can!

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:02 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not sure but at the bus stop yesterday a very pregnant woman was smoking so essentially she was pumping smoke into her baby's "house". that's just sad
    Anonymous

• they are SELFISH, thats why
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 7:10 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I have no idea, but i think it is wrong and very selfish of them as they could be giving that child a number of different problems aka..ashtma, lung cancer
    thats just my opnion though; My DH smokes i make him go outside and smoke, and he dont smoke in the car either! :D
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Some people just don't believe it is THAT bad for their kids.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 7:15 PM on May. 8, 2010

• tummy I get that people dont think that which they are ignorant but the smell problem dont they see that
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:15 PM on May. 8, 2010

• No, I really don't think they can tell. You get used to smells, especially if you are living in them. lol.

I walk in my mom's house and it hits me like a ton of bricks... but she obviously doesn't notice.

Heck, I smell it when people walk in work after smoking outside. But no, I think they become immune to it.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 7:18 PM on May. 8, 2010

• ya it was immune to my mom but did me years of insecurity
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:20 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My mom and dad both smoked in the house. I never noticed the smell on my clothes and never had problems with people calling me names or anything. But i DO take 2 medications every single day for my asthma.. and i DO end up in the hospital at least 2 times a year over asthma attacks. My allergies are killer and im sick about 9 months out of the year...

I don't know if it is because my parents smoked or not BUT i wouldnt subject my kids to it just in case.... if you can make thier life a little easier and healthier... why not.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 7:22 PM on May. 8, 2010

• yeah, im a smoker but i would never smoke in the house with my son. i even wash my hands, change shirts, & mouthwash bc after smoking bcuz i feel so guilty about it. im trying to quit but havent been successful yet ... anyway, my dad and stepmom always smoked in the house with me when i was younger and would go and visit them on the weekends. i never got picked on or anything like that, i dont remember smelling funny but i only went there every other weekend and i remember begging them to quit because i was in the DARE program, but i used to get in trouble for bothering them about it. they still smoke in the house with my little sister now and it really pisses me off. my dad tried to light up with my son & me there one time after i told him no, so i picked up my son and we started walking out the door, he put it out & never did it again. i think they just dont care, and that they are from a different generation where ciggs
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:23 PM on May. 8, 2010

• werent thought of as that bad. they are also convinced that its not ciggerates that give you lung cancer & shit, you can get it without smoking so idk they just make up any excuse they can because they dont feel like going outside, going outside in the cold etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:24 PM on May. 8, 2010