what was it like the first time you gave your baby solids? what did you give? how old were they?

did they have a reaction? stomach ache? fussiness? sleep okay? messy? fun? eat any? tell me!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:03 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Six months, banana, a bit of mess, nothing else really. It was pretty unmemorable. **shrug**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• my son was almost 5 months. we gave him rice cereal and applesauce. he did eat alittle bit. he wasnt to thrilled at first because he wasnt you too it, but we kept trying day after day & with some choo choo & plain noises he grew to love it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:19 PM on May. 8, 2010

• wasnt used to it*
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:20 PM on May. 8, 2010

• DD was 6 months. She grabbed avocado off my plate and broke out in hives and swelled up. Wasn't pretty. She ended up with lot of food allergies. We tried apples 2 weeks later and she was allergic to those too. Finally at 7 months we tried sweet potato and she did fine.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:22 PM on May. 8, 2010

• 3 months old, mashed potatoes. I wasn't actually the one that fed him his first solid- my cousin was. She "wanted to see how he'd act." He loved it. He ended up eating four or five teaspoons of them! After that he wouldn't take a bottle until he had solids first. Never used cereal, never introduced foods one at a time, if we were eating it he was- at 7 months he had shrimp! He had all those "allergenic" foods (except peanut butter and honey) before a year old- he has NO allergies.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:29 PM on May. 8, 2010

• my daugher was 6 months and i gave her rice cereal, she loved it, she smacked her lips for more...it was the cutest thing ever!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:29 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Oh, and at 3 years old he's in the 90th percentile for height and weight, not overweight AT ALL. (Everyone told me he'd be fat because he go solids so soon.)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:30 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My dd was 5.5 months. I gave her a couple spoonfuls of pureed sweet potatoes thinned with formula. She seemed to like it. No fussiness or anything like that.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:32 PM on May. 8, 2010

• My daughter was about 2 months old and I gave her rice cereal and strained bananas. She liked it. Next,it was strained carrots and she spit it put all over me with a loud noise and made a face. I guess she was no fan of carrots. LOL. She still isn't and she is 41 years old. ANd still opinionated. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:45 PM on May. 8, 2010

• 6 months for my older one and 9 months for my younger one. Did veggies/fruits first because they are actually easier to digest than grains. Neither could tolerate rice cereal without bloating and crying, but did fine on oats and barely.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:16 PM on May. 8, 2010