lactation at 28 weeks?

i started lactating a few days ago. my boyfriend sqeezed my nipples and this yellowish white milk came out of both nipples. isn't it to early for that? ever since it started my nips have been leaking non stop and i thought that wasn't supposed to happen until you're about to give birth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh trust me... I was leaking WAY before giving birth. It's actually a good thing- your milk is already in, so you won't have to worry once the baby is born. I used the nursing pads in my bra, as the leakage was minimal. Babies cries made me leak, and especially after a shower. It's completely normal.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:24 PM on May. 8, 2010

• It's not milk. It's colostrum. It's pre-milk. It's the stuff your baby will first get that has a lot of fat and a lot of antibodies. And trust me, I'm only 22 weeks, and my husband has been able to squeeze out liquid since I was about 16 weeks along, so it's not that odd.
    Anonymous

• colostrum is milk. it's called first milk and it may have more fat in the beginning but it's still milk,
    Anonymous

• i started having to wear breast pads due to colostrum leakage at 24 weeks. i leaked up to like pancake size spots till i delivered. its completely normal. they say dont squeeze it out though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 9, 2010