Did your baby "buy" a gift for your other children??

Our DD was due the 5th and we are still waiting on her. Im being induced Monday so me and DH went to the store and decided that she would get DS a gift for when she comes home. DS has already "bought" a gift for her for when she comes so we thought it would be nice for her to give him a pillow pet.

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 7:24 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is how I did it... My sister took my son while I was in the hospital giving birth... On the way to the hospital, she stopped and let my son pick something out for her... He chose a pink bear/carseat toy. When he got to the hospital to meet his sister, he gave her the bear and we had a hot wheel that we told him was from the baby.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 7:37 PM on May. 8, 2010

• That's a good idea.

Our new one won't actually buy a gift for our dd. I had planned on buying a new baby doll for dd (she'll be 2) and having the nurse give it to her when she sees me with the new baby.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 7:28 PM on May. 8, 2010

• What? Really? Not unless it can walk it's little self down to the hospital gift shop and buy something on it's own.

That's ridiculous.

Can I have a gift too, Why not???
    Anonymous

• We did that with our second a third child. It wasn't anything big either, a train block set for my oldest when our second was born and when our third was born I think "she" got her brothers a stuffed animal and a little car set. I think it made the older children feel special and it was a way to be sure they got some attention when they came to visit in the hospital because obviously at that point it's all about the new baby
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:40 PM on May. 8, 2010

• That's sweet. It might help him welcome her. In many cultures it's polite to bring a gift to someone's home when visiting. It makes sense especially since she's staying!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:41 PM on May. 8, 2010

• "What? Really? Not unless it can walk it's little self down to the hospital gift shop and buy something on it's own.

That's ridiculous."

What's ridiculous about it? It's a big day for the older children too, especially if they are the first born. It's the first day they become a big brother or sister, it's a nice way for the new baby to "say hello".
    Anonymous

• That is such a cute idea your son will LOVE that the baby got him something lol
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 7:50 PM on May. 8, 2010

• That is a GREAT idea, I was thinking about that if I was pregnant with my second, but my daughter is going to be seven this year.
    Anonymous

• No, we didn't do that. My boys were almost 2 and 3 when their sister came. They were just super excited about getting a sister, she was their gift. They on the other hand, we took them to target and they each picked out a little doll that they brought to the hospital and gave to her.
    Anonymous

• Nope but my husband is actually getting me a gift this here (gasp. He wants to either buy me a locket so I can put my babies pictures in or a personalized ring with my babies birthstones on it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:09 PM on May. 8, 2010