Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've had it!

I'm 37 almost 38 weeks and am just so miserable it's not funny. Our not so little baby boy weighs over 9 lbs I'm in so much pain between my groin and stretching, he hasn't dropped yet because he's so big he's still in my ribs! I feel like a bad mom because all I want to do is lay on the couch, thank god for a great husband otherwise we wouldn't eat and the house would be a mess! OBGYN said at 38 weeks if I want he'll induce but that makes me feel like a cheater, seeming as it's not for a medically necessary reason, he'll be gone this weekend and so will my parents, does that seem like a chincy thing to do to you? I guess I just need some words of wisdom or a little assurance that I can do this, I did it once already right? Whats one more? I think...

Answer Question

Asked by kenzsmama at 7:33 PM on May. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • 9 lbs is a big boy and if he hasn't dropped he's just going to get bigger. If I were miserable and the doctor okayed it I'd go ahead and let him induce next week when everyone gets back and can help.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • I've seen a girl who was 100 lbs dripping wet give birth to healthy babies that were over 9 lbs. And it's impossible to know how much your baby weighs. You can only get an estimate, and that estimate could be up to two pounds off. Two weeks more isn't that long, you can do it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • sounds like it would be safe to induce. but i can understand how it could feel like cheating. i'm sorry, the last month or so can be so miserable and slow. but the baby will be here before you know it!

    Answer by jennifer588 at 7:42 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • oh and dont forget to tell dh how grateful you are! god bless the good ones!

    Answer by jennifer588 at 7:43 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • I know how you feel, I had 3 very big babies. The last 3-4 wks were torture. I was going to get induced with my 2nd 5 days after my due date but she came on her own 2 days after her due date. She weighed 10lb 2oz and my midwife looked at me and said "no wonder you were so miserable!" Well, yeah I wasnt complaining for no reason LoL!! I went thru this again with my 3rd and reluctantly got induced 3 days after my due date and she weighed 9lb 12oz. My newest baby was probably the hardest pregnancy, I got induced 2 days before my due date cause I just couldnt take another day!! SHe weighed 9lb 15oz.
    SO I am not a fan of being induced but I really do sympathize with you. I dont think you would be a "bad" mommy for doing it, just be prepared because induction doesnt always work for everyone and could make things more complicated. Talk it over with your doc. Good Luck, I hope it all goes well for you :)

    Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:48 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • I think it's nobody's business but your's and your family's. Do whatever you feel you need to do.

    Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 7:55 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • Two weeks isn't that much longer you can do it. I was always told that baby boys have a harder time breathing when they are born so, I would be afraid because of that. My mom had a 9lb12oz baby and she did it w/o pain meds. My g-mother had an 11 pound baby at home and she is less than 5 ft tall. You can do it. Good luck ultimately it is your decision.


    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:05 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • do what YOU dont have to wait two more weeks cause people say you can do it...its not gonna hurt that baby!

    Answer by ready4mybaby at 9:55 PM on May. 8, 2010

  • I'm just going to offer my sympathy. I'm in the same boat. She measured 7-3 at 34 weeks and i am so uncomfortable. We can do it. We will do it! Get induced if you want, I think it will be okay, but i think you'll be okay if you wait, too.

    Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:20 AM on May. 9, 2010

  • My little guy came 10 days early and was just fine! He was already 9lbs also, I didn't have a choice though my blood pressure got REALLY high and they didn't want to wait anymore... do what you think is good... If it were me i already had one 10 days early b4 so i wouldn't think twice about

    Answer by randilinn at 8:46 PM on May. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.